Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Well, it was inevitable living in TX. Brady and Alex got their first experience with fire ants the other day. Brady got stung 6-7 times before we got them off. The frustrating part was that it was dark outside so we had to run in the house to see to get them off. Then had fire ants on the floor, so while Melanie was comforting Brady, I was trying to kill as many as I could between my fingers. One got on Alex's shoe and crawled up his leg. He only got stung once, luckily. It was pretty traumatic for Brady, but once he got over the shock of it all, he sucked it up pretty good even though it stung for most of the rest of the night. It's looking good now after a few days so both boys are back to normal. Well, sort of...colds and allergies kicking in!